Join Quabbin Harvest as a member-owner
Our store is open to everyone. But it’s owned by our more than 800 members who have joined together to support the vision of a community-owned grocery store for the North Quabbin area. Becoming a member-owner is an investment in the health of the co-op, the downtown of Orange, and our local food economy.
Your lifetime $120 payment can be made all at once or in quarterly installments over a year.
- If you're paying the full amount, you can join by filling out this form and paying online.
- To pay in installments, please come in to the store. If you're using a credit card, you can also call us at 978-544-6784 to give us your information.
If the membership fee is a hardship for you, we may be able to offer assistance. Email us for more details.
What benefits do members receive?
Member benefits include:
- 10% discount on bulk and pre-orders
- 10% off on Member Appreciation Days
- discount from Orange Oil (5 cents/gallon, 7 cents for seniors - fill out form in store to take to Orange Oil)
- participation in elections and co-op board
- Harvest Rewards loyalty program (check the sign in the store or the monthly e-newsletter to find out what this month's reward is)
- discount on regular adult membership at Launch Space ($5 off the monthly membership fee - fill out form in store to take to Launch Space)
- Rose 32 bread pre-orders (order by 7 pm Friday for pickup after 1 pm on Thursday)
Why join a co-op?
There are many strong co-operative food and farm businesses in our region, as well as co-ops that provide housing, jobs, financial credit, utilities, and more. They’re among the nearly 30,000 cooperatively-owned businesses in the U.S. They exist because people have come together to access a service or products they need, and to have a democratic voice in the business or service. You can learn more about the co-operative model and its core principles here and here.
Like most co-ops, Quabbin Harvest (formally the North Quabbin Community Co-operative) works to serve its members by offering good food and other benefits like the ones listed above. But we also have a social mission: to be a resource for farmers, eaters, and others with a stake in local agriculture and the home we share in the beautiful North Quabbin region. When you join Quabbin Harvest as a member, you’re broadening the support for that mission. We hope you’ll be inspired to join us!