Recipe: Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
from the China Study Cookbook
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 overripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup Sucanat or other sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup of walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix banana, milk, Sucanat, vanilla, and vinegar in a small bowl.
In a separate bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, and coconut.
Add wet mixture to dry ingredients. Mix in nuts and dried fruit.
Drop tablespoon-sized amounys onto non-stick baking sheet.
Bake for 15 minutes until brown. Let cool for 30 minutes.
Mix till incorporated and place on cookie sheet.
Using your pointer and index finger flatten the cookie, so that it bakes fully. Bake for 10 minutes.
Posted: to Recipes on Sun, Jan 5, 2014
Updated: Mon, Feb 17, 2014