Recipe: Roasted Vegetable Soup
from Vegetarian Times
- 1 head garlic
- 3 pt. cherry tomatoes
- 2 large bell peppers, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into ½-inch chunks
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 4 Tbs. sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Rub papery skin off garlic, and cut off top of head to expose clove tips. Place on square of foil, and drizzle with 1 Tbs. water. Wrap garlic, and roast 35 to 40 minutes, or until soft.
3. Toss tomatoes, bell peppers, zucchini, and oil with paprika in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread on 2 baking sheets, and roast 35 to 40 minutes, or until vegetables are browned and tender, stirring once. Cool 10 minutes.
4. Squeeze roasted garlic cloves into bowl of food processor; add half of roasted vegetables and 1 cup water. Blend until smooth, then transfer to large bowl or saucepan. Pulse remaining vegetables in food processor until chopped, then stir into puréed soup with corn and vinegar. Warm, if necessary.
STORE/SERVE Refrigerate up to 3 days, or freeze up to 3 months. If frozen, thaw in refrigerator overnight. Serve hot or cold.
Posted: to Recipes on Wed, Dec 11, 2013
Updated: Wed, Dec 11, 2013