Recipe: Quinoa Salad with Apples, Pears, Fennel, and Walnuts
based on One-Dish Vegetarian by Maria Robbins
- 3 c. cooked quinoa
- 2 apples, cored, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice
- 2 ripe pears, cored, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and diced
- 1/2 c. dried currants 2 shallots, finely minced
- 1/2 c. fresh orange juice
- 3 T. fresh lemon juice zest of one lemon salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. chopped, toasted walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, apples, pears, fennel, currants, and shallots.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the quinoa salad and mix well.
- Sprinkle with walnuts and serve.
Posted: to Recipes on Mon, Dec 9, 2013
Updated: Mon, Dec 9, 2013