Recipe: Roasted Winter Squash Rings
from the book Eat, Drink, and be Vegan
- 1.5 pounds butternut or delicata squash
- 2.5 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 2.5 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Peel the rind from the squash.
- Cut squash in half or thirds to get rounds you can hollow out.
- Scrape out the seeds.
- Slice the squash into half or quarter inch slices.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the squash in the oil, adding the rosemary & lemon juice.
- Place the rings on the baking sheet and bake 35 - 45 minutes, flipping once or twice, until golden on both sides.
Posted: to Recipes on Sun, Nov 17, 2013
Updated: Sun, Nov 17, 2013