Recipe: Green Beans with Sauteed Mushrooms and Garlic
from Martha Stewart
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 thinly sliced cloves garlic
- 1 1/4 pounds mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine, such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 pounds blanched green beans
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and cook, undisturbed, 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high and saute until golden, about 6 minutes.
- Add coriander, season with salt and pepper, and cook 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium, carefully add wine, and cook until reduced, 1 to 2 minutes, scraping up any browned bits with a wooden spoon.
- Add water, season with vinegar, and toss with parsley.
- Spoon over green beans and serve warm or at room temperature.
Posted: to Recipes on Thu, Aug 1, 2013
Updated: Thu, Aug 1, 2013