Recipe: Braised fennel and garlic roast potatoes
from the Ready Steady Cook television program
Braised fennel and garlic roast potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ½ fennel bulb, sliced
- 3½fl oz hot vegetable stock
For the garlic roast potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3oz Anya potatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, skin-on, squashed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- For the braised fennel, heat the oil in an ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and fennel and fry for 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the hot stock to the mixture, stir well, then transfer to the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until the vegetables have cooked through and the volume of liquid has reduced.
- Meanwhile, for the garlic roast potatoes, heat the oil in a separate frying pan, add the potatoes and garlic cloves and season, to taste, with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Fry for 1-2 minutes, or until golden-brown, then transfer to the oven to roast for 10-12 minutes, or until tender.
- To serve, remove the braised fennel and garlic from the pan using a slotted spoon and place onto a serving plate. Spoon the garlic roast potatoes alongside.