Recipe: Super Green Smoothie
from Prevention magazine
Super Green Smoothie
Powerful detox action masquerades as another delicious shake. The celery and parsley that contribute to its bright green color are diuretics that help rinse toxins from your system. Kale and mango are superfoods bursting with nutrition that support your cleanse.
- 1 1/4 C chopped kale leaves (stems and tough rib removed), preferably Lacinato (also known as dinosaur)
- 1 1/4 C frozen cubed mango
- 2 med ribs celery, chopped
- 1 C chilled fresh tangerine or orange juice
- 1/4 C chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 C chopped fresh mint
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Puree until smooth. Pour into 2 chilled glasses.
Posted: to Recipes on Sun, Jun 23, 2013
Updated: Sun, Jun 23, 2013