Recipe: Vidalia Onion Side Dish
from Southern Living
Vidalia Onion Side Dish
- 2 medium onions
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- Peel 2 medium onions, and cut a thin slice from bottom and top of each one.
- Scoop out a 1-inch-deep hole from the top of each onion.
- Place onions, top sides up, in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish with a lid.
- Add 1 beef bouillon cube and 1/2 Tbsp. butter to shallow hole in each onion; cover with lid.
- Microwave, covered, at HIGH for 8 to 10 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Garnish each serving with fresh parsley sprig and pepper, if desired.
- We recommend only Vidalia or Texas Sweets for this recipe.
- Be sure to use a microwave-safe lid only; plastic wrap will melt.
If you'd rather grill, wrap each filled-and-topped onion in heavy-duty aluminum foil (or a double layer of regular aluminum foil).
Grill over high heat (400° to 450°) 15 to 20 minutes or until tender.
Let stand 10 minutes.
Posted: to Recipes on Wed, May 29, 2013
Updated: Wed, May 29, 2013