Recipe: Leek and Potato Gratin with Smoked Salmon
from Whole Foods
- Canola oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds medium Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into (1/4-inch) thick slices
- 2 medium leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 4.4 ounces brie, cut into small cubes
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a (9- x 13-in) baking dish with oil. In a bowl, whisk together milk, flour, salt and pepper. Layer half of the potatoes in the dish, top with half of the leeks and dot with half of the Brie. Pour over half of the milk mixture and arrange salmon slices over the top. Repeat with remaining potatoes, leeks, Brie and milk mixture.
Cover with foil (sprayed with oil) and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and continue baking until liquid is absorbed and potatoes are golden, about 20 minutes more. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
Posted: to Recipes on Sun, Oct 21, 2012
Updated: Sun, Oct 21, 2012