Recipe: Nina’s Famous Squash Fritters
- 3 medium zucchini- you can add yellow summer squash too
- 3 eggs
- 6 sprigs of flat Italian parsley- you can put chopped up basil in instead
- Vegetable oil
- Pancake mix- I use all natural Log Cabin
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- Wash the zucchini, then grate into a bowl.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and let stand 15 minutes.
- Squeeze out the excess water and drain.
- Beat the eggs, add the parsley, pepper, and cheese.
- Add to the grated zucchini.
- Then add enough pancake flour to soak up the liquid. You may have to add more as you cook.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Add oil to frying pan, about ¼ inches deep.
- Spoon batter into small pancake size patties.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove each fritter with a slotted spatula.
- Put on a layer of paper towels to drain.
You can easily double this recipe.
These fritters freeze nicely.
Posted: to Recipes on Mon, Aug 27, 2012
Updated: Mon, Aug 27, 2012