Recipe: Green Bean and Walnut Salad
from Ellie Krieger of the Food Network
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine or sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water with a steamer basket to a boil, add green beans and steam for about 4 minutes. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Toast the walnuts in a small dry skillet over medium heat until they become fragrant, about 2 minutes, and then transfer them to a small bowl to cool. Add the parsley and onion to the walnuts and stir to combine.
- In another small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar and mustard. Toss the dressing with the green beans, top with the walnut mixture and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Co-op Pop Quiz:
- Which NQ Community Co-op member grew up with Ellie Krieger's kid sister?
Posted: to Recipes on Thu, Aug 23, 2012
Updated: Thu, Aug 23, 2012