Recipe: Zucchini Coconut Bread
from twopeasandtheirpod.com via co-op member Christine
Zucchini Coconut Bread
Yield: 1 loaf of bread
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
Total Time: 75 minutes
Zucchini Coconut bread made with coconut oil and coconut!
3/4 cup all-purpose white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed and drained in a paper towel)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt at room temperature
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, combine shredded zucchini, sugars, coconut oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Stir in the shredded coconut.
5. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let zucchini bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the bread from the pan and cool completely before slicing.
Posted: to Recipes on Sun, Aug 12, 2012
Updated: Sun, Aug 12, 2012