Recipe: Curried Quinoa Salad with Peaches and Snow Peas
from Cook’s Hideout
- Quinoa - 1 cup, rinsed and drained
- Peaches - 2 medium, cut into wedges (Nectarines can be used instead)
- Snow peas - 8 oz. (or use stringless sugar snap peas)
- Curry Powder - 2tbsp, divided
- Rice Vinegar - 2½ tbsp (unseasoned preferred)
- Mango chutney - 2½ tbsp (sauce only)
- Olive oil - 2½ tbsp
- Red onion - 1 small. thinly sliced
- Salad Greens - 2 cups
- Salt & Pepper - to taste
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil; add salt and the snow peas for 1½ - 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate with slotted spoon to drain.
- Stir quinoa and 1tbsp curry powder into the same pot of boiling water. Cook 14 minutes or until quinoa is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by whisking together the remaining 1tbsp curry powder, chutney sauce, vinegar and oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss together snow peas, peaches and onion in a large bowl.
- Drain quinoa, and rinse under cold water to cool; drain again.
- Add dressing to the snow pea mixture.
- Layer quinoa, salad greens, and dressed mixture on your plate.
Posted: to Recipes on Wed, Jun 27, 2012
Updated: Wed, Jun 27, 2012