Recipe: Frittata with Zucchini Blossoms
from Bon Appetit
- 20 zucchini blossoms, stems removed (about 3 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon piment d'Espelette or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 7 large eggs, whisked to blend
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh Italian parsley
Gently rinse and dry zucchini blossoms. Preheat broiler.
Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; reduce heat to medium and sauté until soft, about 4 minutes. Add blossoms and sauté just until wilted, turning often, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with salt and piment d'Espelette.
Spread blossoms in skillet in single layer; increase heat to medium-high. Add eggs and cook until beginning to set around edges, lifting frittata with heatproof rubber spatula and allowing eggs to flow underneath. Continue cooking until eggs are softly set, about 5 minutes. Transfer skillet to broiler; broil until top of frittata is set, 1 minute. Slide frittata onto platter. Sprinkle with parsley.
Posted: to Recipes on Wed, Jun 20, 2012
Updated: Wed, Jun 20, 2012