Recipe: Vegan Portobello Mushroom Bake
Vegan Portobello Mushroom Bake
Originally from Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer's The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan Again
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Bragg's Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 large Portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a blender or food processor, blend the almonds until powdered. Add oil, Braggs, water, vinegar, garlic, rosemary and oregano, and blend until well combined.
3. In a large baking dish, place the mushrooms upside down and top with onions. Pour sauce over the top and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Posted: to Recipes on Wed, Apr 25, 2012
Updated: Wed, Apr 25, 2012